Hello October… well over a week into it at least. I promised a review of last month too, and looking back I was pretty rubbish at sticking to it. This was mostly because I did LOTS of other things instead, but that’s not really the point of these lists so I will try much harder this month for sure.
- Go back to Penny’s swimming classes– This didn’t happen as Penny has been fighting a cold since August, but we are hoping to start going outside of class times soon. Must cancel that Direct Debit
- Make something out of paper mache– Ok, I admit that this was an ambitious one for us. I am going to admit that I just ran out of time. I envisioned a huge ‘Very Hungry Caterpillar’ themed centrepiece for Penny’s birthday party. Sadly, I fail at being a pinterest-mum. I’m not going to give up though. 😀
- Plan and run a walk with Walking Mums– Well this one I sort of did, and didn’t do. Instead of planning a walk, I did have a few meet ups with some mums I have met through Walking mums. We have been getting the little ones together more regularly but I am planning a walk for this month for sure!
Take more photographs. TICK TICK TICK! My No SmartPhone Challenge, has been helping me with this one for sure, as it means I am taking my camera out with me lots more. Check out our local children’s centre. Again I SORT OF did this one. I looked up the timetable! Woooo. Now we just need to get along to a session 🙂 Go to the library with Penny. Ok, not the library as such, but we have been going the Discover Children’s Story Centre instead. I figure that’s pretty close right? We are planning a little visit to the story session at our local library tomorrow morning though. So not a total fail. Write a meal plan for this month. I did do this. Not a hugely healthy one, but we have been sticking to one and now it’s a case of tweaking it. I feel a blog post coming soon about this, as I need to start losing some of the weight I have been piling on.
Right, so on to this months list!
- Keep using my camera! I’m slowly getting used to lugging the sodding thing about, but the photos are so worth it.
- Actually attend a session at the Children’s Centre!
- Attend the Michael Rosen exhibition at the Discover Children’s Story Centre.
- Start back at the gym. I have discussed the logistics with my husband about child care, so this should be happening! No more excuses.
- Plan a walk on walking mums! MUST DO THIS!- (Edit- I’ve made the plan. Now just need some ladies to sign up. Look out for my post on what I hope will be fab walk in Epping Forest!)
- Take Miss Penny Swimming. Any day, Any time. Just Swim!
- Pumpkin Patch photo opportunity. Sarah, over at Ginger and Bell and I are planning an autumn inspired photo session. I’m looking forward to it a lot! Watch this space!
- Dress up for Halloween! Ok, this is a cheat, as we have already been invited to 3 Halloween themed events, but I am actually going to dress up for at least 1 of them. Promise 🙂
Sorry that this list was late, but I promise to try much much harder to complete this list this month. I’d love to see your plans for the month. Do you write a list too?