Thanks for hopping over from Picking Up Toys and welcome to my post for the 2nd Day of #12daysofparenting. We have many prizes to giveaway including a Hoppy or Patch from the lovely Babybundle . Full details can be found on the 12DAYSPAGE and all entries to be completed via the Rafflecopter at the bottom of this post.
I don’t normally write a Christmas list. Actually I don’t think I ever have, but this year I thought I would get into the spirit of things and I actually do have a few things that I would like to ask Santa for, so here goes.
- Andrew James 8 Litre Premium Slow Cooker I would really like a slow cooker. Penny has an issue with me being in the kitchen and it can be quite difficult to juggle it all when J is working nights. It would be so much easier to prep the dinner during madames nap and let the slow cooker do the rest. I have done some research and think I would like this £29.99 seems like a fair price too, so if Santa fancies eating after Christmas, then he will need to get a shift on 😀
- Morphy Richards Plum Kettle and 4 Slice Toaster – Accents Range It always feels like this time of year that things start to break, so the next few items will also be boring appliances. BOOOOO!! We have a purple toaster and kettle at the moment, but the toaster only toasts one side of the bread at a time, and our kettle has seen better days. Limescale in the baby’s bottles is getting very annoying, and no-one should have chewy tea!
- Nicky Clarke Hair Therapy Wide Plate Straighteners My darling 14 year old has broken my hair straighteners. She has her own, but as is commonplace these days in our house, we apparently have communal property. You know. What’s hers is hers, and what’s mine is hers. Blaaaahhhh. Anyway, I believe I am due a new pair and quite like the look of GHD’s but think Santa might have other priorities this year, so these will do.
- Tresemme Keratin Smooth 2200W Hair Dryer Following on with the hair theme, since cutting all of my gorgeous locks off earlier this year (Can you tell I’m still bitter about it?), I can no longer get away with letting my hair air dry
and tying it up. Believe me, it’s a scary look, but I don’t have a blow dryer. I never really needed one until now. I need to work fast due to little legs being a willing participator rather than observer.
- Flat Heel Calf Leg Knee Boots. Right, that’s all the ‘boring’ stuff done (even though they really would be fantastic). I really need a new pair of boots for this winter. I don’t want to give up on my walking with miss Penny because of the cold, so need a nice pair of flats that will go with most outfits. Every year I say I will bite the bullet and go for a nice Tan/Brown pair, but every year I chicken out and opt for black. Not this time. I figure that if Santa brings them, then I can’t chicken out. I love these which I found on Amazon for a great price.
- A date night My list so far has been pretty materialistic, but I blame that on the fact that my birthday is also in December, so by the time it rolls around, I kinda need stuff for me. Mummy can be a little selfish right? While I am at it, a night out with my husband would be fantastic. Not the whole night, but a movie, meal and drinks kind of date night. Our cosy nights in are fab, but we are always on call and hardly get any time alone these days.
Marc Jacobs-Daisy Eau de Parfum for her Something I haven’t asked for for a while, but think would be a lovely luxury item for me would be this perfume which I have been eyeing up for a while. Daisies are my favourite flower, so the bottle is appealing to me, but I did have a sneaky smell of it while out shopping and fell in love! It’s not a cheap item, so a luxury for sure, but it’s so yummy smelling!
- To go and see the London Christmas lights. This shouldn’t be that difficult seeing as we live in London, but we just never get the time. We only ever really pop in to central London, and try and be home before dark because of the children. This year I would like to make it happen.
- A baby who likes to sleep all night in her own bed would also be fantastic. If Santa could manage that it would really reinstate my belief in him!
Today’s code word is: LABOUR