Enter our great giveaway at the bottom of this post. Full details of all the prizes added so far can be found on the 12 Days Facebook Page.
I don’t do very many list posts as I don’t see myself as having very much advice to give on most subjects. However, there are a few items I just couldn’t be without this winter/holiday season and thought I would share them with my readers today.
- Mittens on a string– Or idiot mittens,
as they were called when I was growing up. Such a simple concept, but a must have if you have a child who is a nightmare for keeping gloves on and you are forever losing one. This way the mittens stay in your childs coat when you take it off. No more lost gloves and your child’s hands stay toasty this winter!
- Baby Carrier – Any you like really, but as much as you might love your pram/stroller any parent will tell you that shopping with a baby
is hard enough. Throw in all the extra bodies during the holiday season and you have mayhem! Skip the pram rage and pop munchkin on you front/back. There are a huge variety of baby carriers on the market for all budgets. Advantages of this are, baby will be happier and more in sync with you. You can monitor baby’s temperature more easily and you wont need to queue for lifts or miss buses because there are already prams/wheelchairs on board. I’ll warn you though, that babywearing is addictive!
- Slow cooker– Nothing screams winter
warmer like a meal from a slow cooker! Soups, stews, curries and so much more! We got one as an early christmas present and we use it at least 3-4 times a week now. So far we have enjoyed chillis, bolognese, chicken, rice and peas, stews, soups and curry. I really do not know how I coped previously, and I can’t wait to cook something sweet in it soon. You can even get slow cookers which you can control via a mobile phone app! How space age is that!?!
- Steamer– Christmas dinner is a busy time for most people
celebrating, and if like us you run out of hob space quickly then a steamer is for you! We personally like LOTS of different vegetables with our Christmas dinner so use 2 of these hob top steamers at the same time. If your hob space situation is even more dire, you can get electric steamers too.
- Digital TV streaming service– The last item on my list is a TV/Computer with Netflix/Now TV (Other providers available). With the weather turned, the dark evenings dragging on and the imminent school holidays looming this is a must in our house. Start watching a box set or overdose on Christmas movies to get you in the mood. Either way, it will soon be spring, so enjoy the duvet days while you can.
Today’s code word is: Mother
What are your winter/Christmas must haves?