Hello and Happy New year. Is it still ok to say that? Oh well. I would like to apologise for my lack of posts over the past month. There has been a huge amount going on at home, and things that I can’t go into on here. I am normally an open book, and when it comes to my own life I will continue to do so as much as possible as I find it quite therapeutic, however I have to respect those who are affected directly. All I can say is that it has been a rough 2016 so far, but hopefully things are on the up.
SO, this is a little (ok, a LOT) late, but here is my review of my bucket list from December.
- DATE NIGHT!– Didn’t happen 😦 😦 😦 BUT We are having a date DAY tomorrow and I intend to enjoy every undisturbed moment with my gorgeous husband! We are going to the Annie Leibovitz’s exhibition in London, then to see ‘Creed’ the move (HUUUGE Rocky fan right here), and then dinner! Go US!
Finish the Christmas shopping–Actually did this with time to spare! Go me!
- Have a family photo taken – This didn’t happen. I did manage to get some nice photos of the kids together however which made great presents. Hoping to get this done soon however with myself and hubby included too.
Deliver my friends children’s gifts in person!– We did actually manage to see our friends and give them a little something before Christmas. Was lovely to catch up. Visit a Christmas market or 3– Ok, I went to 1 Christmas market and it was such a disappointment (mostly weather related), that I couldn’t bring myself to review it. Go and see the Christmas lights in central London–We did go, twice actually. Read about the first time here.
I want to take this opportunity to go over my goals for 2016 as well as January now that my mood isn’t quite as low as it was over New Year. I’ve never been good with resolutions, but this year I’m really going to try.
- Another baby -(fingers crossed), So… I need to get myself in tip top condition mentally and physically and then broach the subject again as hubby isn’t so keen right now.
- My Confirmation-I am looking forward to my confirmation in March and exploring my faith some more this coming year.
- Get my body in shape- I’ve been through a lot physically in my life but this past year I have let the weight pile on and my moods have slumped a lot, so OPERATION FEEL BETTER starts now. After my church class ends in March, I will be able to attend my local slimming world class (they clash right now sadly).
- Take more Photographs– I would like to take more photographs. Whether for my business or my own private projects. I’ve become slightly disheartened by it all recently, so need to get out more with my camera for sure.
- Fix our money situation-. I have been overspending to make myself happy and it’s really not healthy. It’s time to tighten everything up and clear a lot of this debt. It’s time to face it before it catches up with me.
- Plan a holiday for 2017. Realistically we won’t manage more than a mini-break this year, but I would love to take the children on their first holiday abroad in 2017.
My goals for January are:
- BUDGET!– Work out a household budget that is doable and make cut backs where needed.
- Promote my business regularly-I need to think of new ways to promote my business. Most of my work is currently coming from facebook and friends recommending me, but I need to expand.
- Finish watching SOA– I have become slightly obsessed! But I need to finish before I hear anymore spoilers about season 7! I am almost finished season 4 so far.
- Start reading my new book- I received a book for Christmas about What Catholics believe. Reading really hasn’t been my thing for the past few years, but I am hoping to get back into it.
- Declutter– It’s time to start spring cleaning early!
Thank you for listening to my waffling on, and I hope you continue to read my progress with these goals over the coming months.
What are your goals for this year? Have you broken your resolutions yet?